Kahulanui featuring Jesse J. Snyder
For immediate release: August 29, 2017
Kahulanui on West Coast Legacy Tour this September
Hawaii’s exclusive swing jazz band, Kahulanui is kicking off their Legacy Tour on September 1st through the 12th on the west coast to premier their latest album. Actual album release will be in November 2017. The album includes a ki ho’alu (Hawaiian slack key guitar) tune, four horn Hawaiian Jazz combo arrangements and full, brassy 13-piece Big Band orchestrations! Enjoy the musical legacy that was left behind and that continues to evolve through Kahulanui’s signature sound! Visit their new website at www.kahulanuicom for more information and full schedule details.
Kahulanui is: Patrick Eskildsen on electric bass, lead guitar and vocals; Duke Tatom on ‘ukulele and vocals; Tim Taylor on drums/percussion and Lena Naipo on lead vocals and guitar.
Kahulanui’s exciting horn section is comprised of Jesse Snyder (www.jessenowjerome.com) on tenor sax, clarinet and flute, Bill Noble on alto saxophone and flute, Vincenzo D’Angelo on trombone, Joshua Timmons and Eldred Ahlo on trumpet in the Hawaiian islands and Dave Clausnitzer on trumpet when on tour on the mainland. And bringing us the old sound of the Hawaiian steel guitar is Dwight Tokumoto.
The Legacy Tour:
- 9/2 – 66th Annual Strawberry Music Festival at 1:45pm on the main stage – Tuolumne, California (westside) 17807 Tuolumne Road. www.strawberrymusic.com
- 9/3 – Freight & Salvage Coffeehouse at 7pm – Berkeley, California Tickets $22/$26 at the door. 2020 Addison, Berkeley. www.thefreight.org
- 9/4 – Don Quixote’s International Music Hall – Felton, CA (Santa Cruz) – 6275 Hwy 9 – Tickets $20/$22 at the door. www.donquixotesmusic.com
- 9/5 – Da Kine Island Grill – San Jose, California (downtown) – 23 N. Market St., San Jose. Evening. www.dakineislandgrill.com
- 9/6 – 12th Annual “Music on Main” Summer Concert Series – Portland, Oregon – 5pm to 7pm – Free outdoors at S. Broadway & Park Avenue (next to Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall). Rain venue: Antoinette Hatfield Hall (1111 SW Broadway. Next door). www.portland5.com
- Kahulanui is one of the first groups in Hawaii to have a 3 song sampler as pre-sale for their upcoming 2nd album. You can buy the sampler and go to their website and have the CD sent directly to you as one of the first to receive it with the code on the sampler when it is released in November.